There’s been so much hype about Indonesia. We just don’t understand why.
That could only mean one thing – these people must never have travelled to other destinations before.
Here’s 25 reasons to convince you that travelling to Indonesia is absolutely pointless.
1. It’s not like Indonesia has a great sunrise view.
2. Light from heaven? Come on, it’s only Jomblang cave in Yogyakarta.
3. The glowing lava at Kawah Ijen Volcano is so blue it hurts.
If you are still not intimidated by it, you should follow us on Instagram
Infinity pool at Munduk Moding Plantation
5. See crater lakes in Mount Kelimutu? Nay, not pretty either.
Yeah, they will change colour, but that’s all.
6. A sea of ugly islands you don’t need to check out?
7. Water bungalows in Raja Ampat? Ugh, the water is too dirty!
8. Watch the sunrise at Tebing Keraton in Bandung? I would rather snuggle in my bed.
They say Tebing Keraton is the coolest destination in Bandung on Instagram. I say, spare me please, I can see the same thing in Norway.
9. There’s no interesting wildlife in Indonesia.
Traveling to Komodo Islands is like entering the Jurassic Park. Why would you risk your life getting eaten up by these wildly-roaming monsters that can grow up to 3m?!
The one-ton heaviest known bony fish Mola Mola is not interesting either, seriously, don’t bother diving at Nusa Penida.
10. Don’t even mention the stingless jellyfish in Kakaban islands, they are truly gross.
11. Panoramic view at Kalibiru, Bukit Menoreh? Nope, you will fall to your death.
12. Desert? There’s not even a blade of grass here at Gurun Pasir.
Why bother going to Gurun Pasir at Mount Bromo?
13. Too humid and wet in Green Canyon Java.
14. Indonesia has no culture.
What about the Minangkabau dance again?
You have to take more than 11 hours to reach the Wae Rebo Traditional Village. Are you sure you want to see this weird place?
And what’s so special about these paper and bamboo monsters during the Ogoh Ogoh festival in Bali?
15. Kenawa Island in Sumbawa just resembles Middle Earth. Now what’s all that hype about?
Really, what’s there?
16. Have I told you about the smelly white lake at Kawah Putih?
17. You will be alone in Karimunjawa with lots of tiny islands like this.
You will be BORED to death.
18. Indonesia’s beaches are not unique at all.
Do you know about the Tanjung Ringgit beach in Lombok? It’s pink, eww.
Kolbano Beach – Copycat of Nice’s pebble beach in France.
There’s no one here at Walea beaches at Togian Islands, absolutely no one, so boring.
19. The urban planning in Bandung is just so messy.
What’s wrong with those people who keep going to Caringin Tilu for the night view?
20. Madakaripura Waterfall? Why do you want to get yourself totally wet in here?
21. The underwater life isn’t really interesting.
22. What’s there to say about Lake Toba? Too overrated.
23. Why are people so fascinated by this abandoned plane that’s chilling out at someone’s backyard? Seriously. You can find it anywhere.
They are just ruins, isn’t it?
24. Why bother climbing Puncak Jaya when you can conquer greater mountains? Say, Everest?
25. Mount Bromo is just another volcano.
You should really never travel to Indonesia, because……
Once you are here, you’ll fall in love, and won’t bear to leave.