Written by Beverley Lennon
Co-written by Abigail Chang, Kim Wilson, Jiayi Ng, Val Caulin and Soma Dutta
It’s that time of the year again – yes, for your family holiday!
We know, planning a holiday with the kids can sometimes be more of a headache than a joyful retreat – it can be a stressful process that usually requires lots of research before you find exciting things to do, especially for the little ones.
But guess what, Bali offers plenty of kid-friendly activities that everyone can have fun with. And we have done all the research for you!
Check out this one-stop family guide, where we show you the best family-friendly places you can stay at, play and dine! Everyone, from parents to teenagers to toddlers, will have lots of fun – guaranteed!
P.S. We’ve also included some tips and tricks to ensure you are fully Bali-ready!
13 Bali family resorts with Kids Clubs that will amaze your kids
9 Bali resorts with amazing water slides and kids’ pools
18 Family friendly restaurants in Bali that are kiddie heavens
13 Bali beach resorts that will be your kids’ most exciting playgrounds
Here’s a quick overview of this Bali pocket guide
Tap sections below to scroll to the relevant section
1. Best family-friendly areas in Bali
Kuta and Seminyak (Where to stay, things to do, where to eat)
Sanur (Where to stay, things to do, where to eat)
Nusa Dua (Where to stay, things to do, where to eat)
2. Getting around (Car rental recommendations)
3. Tips and scams that families need to know
Best family-friendly areas in Bali
Bali’s hippest area: Kuta and Seminyak
Known as the classic hippest areas in Bali, Kuta and Seminyak are where you can find the most colourful and bustling streets with hipster cafes, family-friendly restaurants, bars, massages and more! Come here for all the excitement, your kids would love it!
4 Most family-friendly resorts in Kuta & Seminyak
2. Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali: Cultural fun for the family (Check rate on Agoda | More info)
3. The Breezes Resort & Spa: Beach, shopping, cafes and massages at your doorstep (Check rate on Agoda)
4. Max One Hotels @ Seminyak: Rooms fit for a family of 5! (Check rate on Agoda | More info)
1. Waterbom Bali: Slide your way through ultimate fun (Website | More info)
2. Odysseys Surf School: Learn how to surf and catch your first wave (Website | More info)
3. Febri’s Spa at Febri’s Hotel and Spa: Prince and Princess pampering sessions (Website)
4. Dream Museum Zone Bali: Experience 3D Trick Art around the world (Website | More info)
5. Armada Flowhouse Bali: Catch a wave at the pool (Website)
1. La Casita Bali: Roomy outdoor playground and daily kids’ activities (Website | More info)
2. Berawa’s Kitchen: Colourful slides and swings in a hipster outdoor setting (Website | More info)
3. Frankensteins Laboratory: It’s halloween everyday (Website | More info)
4. Biku: Treat the little ones with a kids’ dedicated high-tea (Website | More info)
5. Gourmet Cafe: Indulge in delicious food and an outdoor playground (Website)
A laidback beachside retreat: Sanur
If you are looking for a quiet space to spend with your family, away from the hustle and bustle of town, we recommend Sanur as your best bet. Here’s where you can find calm, child-friendly seas and beaches and even kite-flying festivals!
1. InterContinental Bali Sanur Resort: Every child’s dream home (Check rate on Agoda)
2. Mercure Resort Sanur: Family immersion in traditional Balinese culture (Check rate on Agoda | More info)
3. Prime Plaza Suites Sanur: A summer camp within a hotel (Check rate on Agoda | More info)
4. Prama Sanur Beach Bali: Resort with integrated surf school (Check rate on Agoda | More info)
1. Bali Safari & Marine Park: Spot the Big 5! (Website | More info)
2. Peek A Boo Fun: Indoor fun for when it’s raining (Website)
3. Bali Seawalker Sanur: Take a pleasant walk under the sea (Website | More info)
4. Sanur Village Festival (Every August): Celebrate arts and culture at a local carnival (Website)
1. Big Garden Corner: Kids eyes will glow with rainbow colours (More info)
2. Massimo Il Ristorante: Here for pizza and gelato galore (Website | More info)
3. Kanda Restaurant: Lunch within a mini bird park (Website)
4. Warung Nelayan Sanur: Eat while the kids play on the beach (Coordinates | More pictures)
Best for shallow and azure waters: Nusa Dua
Love watersports? Or have kids who do? Nusa Dua would be your ideal family holiday spot. The waters here are shallow and great for kids, and here’s also where you can find many beachfront family-friendly resorts with lots of activities you and your little ones can take part in. You don’t even need to leave your resort and you won’t ever be bored!
1. Club Med Bali: A families’ favorite for years (Website | More info)
2. The Westin Resort, Nusa Dua: Slide to some luxury experiences (Check rate on Agoda | More info)
3. Novotel Nusa Dua: A vacation packed with fun family activities (Check rate on Agoda | More info)
4. Hilton Bali Resort: A trip to Egypt atop a camel (Check rate on Agoda | More info)
1. Jiwa Spa at The Conrad: Get the whole family to be treated like royals (Website | More info)
2. Abandoned Airplane Nusa Dua: Every little boy’s dream (More info)
3. Devdan Show: Inspire the kids with a traditional dance show (Website | More info)
4. Flyboarding by Bali Apollo Dive and Water Sport: Get projected high up from sea to sky (Website | More info)
5. Geger Beach: Enjoy splashy time in azure shallow waters (More info)
1. The Pirates Bay Bali: Come and be Jack Sparrow (Website | More info)
2. Sateria Beachside Restaurant: Kids’ dining heaven (Website)
3. Tamarind Mediterranean Brasserie: Dine in a beachfront treehouse (Website | More info)
Getting Around (Car rental recommendations)
Since you are on a family trip with kids, it’s definitely much more convenient to either stick to the ever-reliable Bluebird taxis, Grab and Go-Jek or simply opt for reliable car rental options with driver and/or guide or without, if you are familiar with driving in Indonesia!
1. Our recommendation: Renting a family car with private driver
Pak Wayan (with driver)
Price: From Rp. 575,000 per day (6-seater) (Approximately USD $40)
Contact: +62 812 3673 3969 (Whatsapp)
Please book at least 1 week in advance to ensure car availability.
Note: 14-seater car also available, on request as from USD$100 per day (Approximately Rp.1,437,504).
Bali Rents Car
Price: From Rp. 250,000 per day (Toyota Avanza) (Approximately USD $18) Website
Contact: +62 821 4481 4888 (Hotline) / +62 812 1280 0880 (Whatsapp)
Please book at least 1 week in advance to ensure car availability.
Child seat and GPS Navigator also for rent.
Must-know tips on travelling with the family in Bali
Want to make the most of your family holidays? We personally wish to share some tips with you (curated based on our experiences in Bali!):
Make your vacation more enjoyable:
Rent strollers/carriers/car seats/kids life jacket from Bali Bubs.
Rent a pool fence for safety (if staying at a private villa)
Hire nannies/babysitters from Bali’s Best Babysitting and Nanny Service.
Load your tablets with movies/audio books for when you are on the road
Consider only reliable money exchangers like BMC
Tap water is not safe to drink, don’t risk it especially with the kids. We recommend you to buy bottled mineral water, such as the Aqua brand.
Need more tips or tricks?
Check out the common tourist traps in Bali and how to avoid them, and how to keep safe and avoid potential danger!
Ready? Get set, Go! Your family trip planning is done and you are ready to go! Tell the kids to start packing and tag your struggling friends below to recommend them this ultimate family guide to Bali!
PLEASE NOTE: All the above information is correct at the date of publication. If you come across any changes or updates, please let us know and we will update the information accordingly. Thank you!
|PLEASE NOTE: All the above information is correct at the date of publication. If you come across any changes or updates, please let us know and we will update the information accordingly. Thank you! |